Saturday, 9 August 2014

Paper Bows Paper Ornaments

Hi, it's Enfys here again.
I am one of those irritating organized people who start thinking about Christmas in January, buying presents as they catch my eye, so that by this time of year I have a little hoard of stuff, and I start thinking about the important things like decorations. I try to make a few new handcrafted ornaments for my tree every year, and I have been making some with the lovely new Christmas paper bows pad

I just made up a whole heap of bows, I edged some with liquid gold or silver leaf paint, added stickles to others, or liquid pearls and set to work, I was quite random in the way I formed them - they were quite organic and just seemed to grow of their own accord......



this one has two of the tiny bows folded up to form pleats for the center......


and for this next one I cut a silhouette circle out of chipboard using dies to form a wreath base, and used lots of tiny bows to decorate.......


and while I had the glue and glitter out, I made some really pretty and very dimensional bows to sit on top of wrapped parcels (don't worry, I haven't started wrapping yet, this is just a demo!)

 and here is a close up of all the ornaments I have made so far - I have loads of bows left, that's the beauty of these pads, you get so many bows in them, so if you have any left over, I hope I have given you a few ideas on how to use them............


See you again soon,
Enfys x
Post a Comment