Monday, 17 February 2014

A little Botanica wall art.

Hello Everyone

It is time for me to blog again and it seems forever since I was last on  posting my projects. I had the  pleasure of having hugs with our Lovely Julie and Sue At Stamperama in Stevenage a short while ago it was really lovely to see all the new goodies on the Craftwork Cards stand and I was lucky enough to be given The Gorgeous Botanica collection to play with so I thought I'd have a go at a couple of items for home decor.
So without further ado

I decorated a wooden door hanger and also a 6x4 inch canvas.

 The pictures never do the items we create real justice as they look so amazingly pretty in real life. I cut out several butterflies from one of the papers in the Botanica pad and used the gorgeous silver sparkly Candi to add in between them.
 Here is a close up of the main butterfly, I used a craft knife to separate the wings only from the topper and opened them to allow you to see the butterfly below.
 I absolutely love this paper and it is such good quality it really is like working with card rather than paper and you can sculpt it beautifully to add dimension to the roses and other flowers and butterflies.
A long view showing all the elements and how they were raised away from a flat canvas.

The door hanger was next.

I took several shots a little closer so you can see how I did the backing paper by ripping it and piecing it into place with a PVA wash.


 I created the rose from one of the die cut flowers in the Botanica pack and added some sparkle with stickles and some perfect pearls.
 I definitely think this is a gorgeous new kit along with all the other beautiful items that have been brought out recently so well done all the ladies at Craftwork cards , Keep it up.

 I created a centre with the four petal large flowers in the die cut section and made it into a large bud, it also looks a bit like a bird egg if you wanted one at Easter for a spring project, then I used the largest flowers to create an extra extra large rose , It is about the size of the palm of my hand for scale.

And of course a close up and here you can see the bed of  burlap cord it is sitting on too.

I want to say a huge thank you to the ladies for working so hard on the blog Emma and Helen and it looks stunning so a very well done.

I look forward to being back next month and hope you will leave me a comment below.

Hugs
Kim 
xxxx

3 comments:

nannapat said...

Two gorgeous projects Kim, I love this collection. Pat x

Kim Robertson said...

Thankyou Pat xx

little amanda 7609 said...

Beautiful , another set of botanica that's so different